That Nintendo Life

Along with the giant movie collection, I also have a big Nintendo collection! Growing up, my big brother saved up his paper route money and bought an NES. We spent so much time playing it in the basement! I always loved playing but was so bad at everything. Chad was the opposite- any game he picked up he immediately mastered! Most of the time we would play a game he would play for 15 minutes before he died, then it was my turn, and I would last about 30 seconds, then it was back to him! So when I say we played a lot of video games, what I really mean is that he played and I watched a lot of video games! I fondly remember many Sunday afternoons spent watching him play Legend of Zelda, and loving it!
Eventually he sold it (probably around the time he wanted to buy a moped) and I was left gameless. I would go over to Aaron's house and play the Super Nintendo when that came out and always loved my Game Boy. It wasn't until college that the impulse to play video games popped up again. I had a Super Nintendo that I brought to the dorms and we played Mario Cart all the time, but what I was really hankering for was that old NES goodness! My buddy Dusty decided he wanted to get rid of his old system, so I gladly bought it from him. For only 40 bucks I got the system, 4 controllers, and like 50 games! We had a blast playing through them in the dorms.
I've always been a Nintendo fan, only buying their systems, and loving them! I had the Nintendo 64 and the Game Cube as well. I never fell for the Playstation or XBox, I was just never interested. Well, when the Nintendo Wii came out I was obsessed! I actually stood in line for 24 hours so I could get one on it's release day, which I wrote about here. I've got all the Nintendo systems on display now in my movie den, and from time to time I'll talk Ledger into going down and playing some Wii Bowling! His favorite part, not surprisingly, is making and modifying his little Mii character. 

No comments: