Deck Wood

 Last fall we had the frame work built for the new deck in the back yard. I hired a friend from work to come over and frame it all out, doing the hard part. Papa and I decided that we would save a few bucks and do the decking ourselves. I went to Menards and ordered a whole bundle of decking boards and had the delivered. Ledge and I watched as they unloaded them, which was really cool to see. I had never seen something like this: the truck dropped it trailer and then unhooked from it. When it unhooked we saw that the cab actually had a forklift attached to the back of it! The driver backed up to the side of the trailer and pulled the pallet off and backed into the driveway and dropped it off- never once leaving the cab! Pretty neat! And now we are ready for the last step in getting a new deck!
(more pics)

No comments: