Firepit Redux

When we first bought our house there was a firepit way off in the corner of the backyard. Diana was pumped about that and very excited to use it. We have used it exactly once since we moved in two years ago... Part of the reason we haven't is because of how overgrown and full it is. I set myself to correcting this. I wanted to make it usable again, and now that we have a wheelbarrow I can clear it out a bit. I started by removing all the rocks that make up the firepit ring. As I removed them I was surprised to find that there were actually bricks underneath them making the perimeter of the circle. I grabbed the shovel and dug out all the old ash and junk that had accumulated for years. I was actually pretty impressed with how good the whole thing looked when cleared away! The next part I called in the reinforcements for: Diana came out to restack the rocks that had been removed. I knew she would be better at it than me, so I let her have at it. Now that everything has been cleaned up, it's looking good and ready to use!

No comments: