Start the Decking

Papa rolled up with a truck full of power tools- that means its time to work on the deck! We had been talking about it for a month or so, and the day finally came for us to get it started. With the deck being so huge (20'x24') we knew it wasn't going to get done in one day, but we are ready to start and see how far we get. Papa started setting up the tools while I hauled a bunch of the boards to the backyard. We quickly fell into our old roles, growing up Papa would take the lead, measuring and cutting, and I would do the menial tasks like moving, lifting, and screwing in. There was a lot of up and down, back and fourth. I was glad I had some knee pads on- it made a big difference! By mid afternoon it was getting pretty hot and we were getting pretty tired. Maybe we didn't get very far, but we put quality first so that slowed us down a bit. In the long run, I'd much rather have it built well than built quickly.

No comments: