Old School Gaming

 Diana has a new obsession: Animal Crossing! Miranda has been playing it for months now and trying to get Diana or Lissa to play as well. It finally worked and I got her the game for my Nintendo Switch. She has been playing so much- and loving it! She's never been a video game kind of person, but this one is basically cute animals crossed with Sims crossed with Barbies- a decorator's dream come true! Diana has been investing a lot of time in making her island look good, and now she wants to show it off to Miranda. Looks like the only way to do that is to get a subscription to Nintendo's online service. It's pretty cheap, so we took the plunge. Now she can take her character and visit Miranda's island, and Miranda can see all the work Diana's done on her own island. They are like kids playing video games while they talk on the phone 'Oh, M, check out my garden next to the house, cute huh?'
One bonus of getting the Nintendo online service is that we also have access to all the free games they offer. There are a ton of original NES games available. We scrolled through all the options and I found a bunch that I used to love back in the day! Figured this would be the perfect time to introduce Ledger to some of the classics. I showed him one of my old faves: Excite Bike! He thought it was pretty cool too, and really simple! Yeah buddy, that's all games used to be able to do, and we loved it. We spent the rest of the afternoon scrolling through and checking out some of those old games and I had a blast reliving my old gaming days!

No comments: