Movie Shelves

 So, there's been some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that the local video store has gone out of business. The good news is that I got some of their stuff! I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a post by the video store saying that they were giving away their shelves and anyone who came by and disassembled them was welcome to have them for free. I didn't even get done reading the post and I was already in the truck on my way! I grabbed my screwdriver and was on the road! I was the first person who came to get their shelves so they told me I could have as many as I wanted. Well, I wanted all of them! I didn't end up going that crazy, but I did end up taking two full aisles of shelving. I had been combing Marketplace for the past 6 months looking for shelves to put my collection in and had some success, but it ends up creating a hodge podge of different shelves and kind of looks junky. Now I can have uniform shelves and really make my movie area in the basement look amazing!
Ledger came along with me as I took apart a full row of shelves, helping me carry the different parts out to the truck. We got everything in the truck bed and filled it up. I thanked them and told them I might be back for more. They laughed. True to my word, the next day I came back and took apart a second row of shelving! Hey, free is free, right?
I made quick work of cutting them to fit and reassembling them in the basement. It took a bit to organize and reshelf my collection, but the whole thing looks 10 times better than it did before! Now it's a collection and display to be proud of!
(more pics: 1, 2)

No comments: