Bike Troubles

 Ledger's bike is a junker. We bought it for $30 from someone who was getting rid of it, so it's not like we expected great things from it. The bike was fine if a little banged up, but the big problem was that the bike chain was too loose. It would fall off all the time; it was so bad that when Diana and I would go for walks with him riding along on his bike, I would bring my work gloves because I knew at least once during the walk I would need to put that greasy chain back on. I took it upon myself to fix it. I took the chain off and got the weird tool you need to take out a link. I took the link out and now it was too small! I tried everything to make it fit but all it did was make a mess and make me angry! Finally I gave up and he and I headed over to Meijer and got him a new one. It was for the best, really, because he was growing too big for that old one anyway. He was quite delighted to have a shiny new bike- one where the chain will stay on!

No comments: