Back to the Theater

 We waited this thing out long enough that movie theaters are opening again! With all this pandemic craziness, the thing that has been the hardest for me personally has been the theaters closing!
In fact, that's how I knew at the beginning that the whole pandemic thing was happening. I would always have Mondays off of work, so I would usually plan on going to see a movie (lets be honest, I usually planned on going to see a couple movies...). That particular March morning was no different. I went to the theater and got tickets for two movies, along with snacks and drink. Walked into my first movie and had a lovely time (the movie was good, it was The Way Back). Came out to use the bathroom and hang out for a few minutes until the second one started, and the employees told me I had to leave. What? They said they were shutting down and weren't going to be showing any more movies for the rest of the day. (Little did they know they wouldn't be showing any more movies for the rest of the year!)
I was pretty confused and asked 'But I have a ticket for the next show?' They refunded me the money and shoed me out the door! What? I definitely knew something weird was up then! I got home and within a day or two my work cancelled the rest of the week as well!
About 14 months later the local theater started showing movies again- and I was first in line! This year they reinstated the free kids summer movies and I figured it was safe for Ledge to go back to the theater too (with a mask, of course). We made a special day of it and invited his friend Skyler to come with us to see Sonic the Hedgehog. It felt like perfect symmetry- Sonic the Hedgehog was the last movie Ledger saw in the theater, and now it's also his first one back! We had a great time watching it again, it was the first time for Skyler, and the boys played around for the rest of the day together. A wonderful day all around!

No comments: