First Tire Change

 I recently had a flat tire. Fortunately I wasn't driving when it went out, I just came back to the car sitting in the parking lot at work and found it with a flat. At the end of the day I changed it out with the spare and drove home carefully. I went to the local tire shop in town with the flat and they actually had a gently used one that they could put on my wheel for really cheap- perfect! When I got back home I needed to change out the spare tire for the newer one. Ah, a perfect opportunity to show the boy how to change a tire! He came out and I showed him how to do it. He loosened the lug nuts, raised the car (which was his favorite part), and we removed the spare. I pulled out the replacement and we got it fitted back on. The whole thing was pretty new to him, but other than the fact that he got his hands dirty, he kinda liked it! He was very proud of himself for changing the tire- and I was proud of him too!

No comments: