my mortal enemy

if i were pressed to say what the one thing in this world is that i hate the most, i would definitely have to go with yard work. ive never liked it. my dad used to make me mow the lawn regularly and i would dread it every week. when i moved off to college and then into an apartment, one of the best parts of renting was the fact that i didnt have to do any lawn work! but now that i have my own place ive been responsible to take care of it. for the past couple years ive delegated it and actually payed a neighbor boy to do it for me over the summers. unfortunately, he and his family moved out recently. that means that i have no one else to pawn it off on. shoot.
with the beautiful weather, and knowing that my dad would be coming this past weekend, i finally bit the bullet and pulled out my lawnmower. i had to make a little pitstop at the gas station to get some gas for it, but then it was finally time to face the facts: i had to mow the lawn. it turned out to be not that bad, but im certainly glad that its the last time it will need to be done until spring...

No comments: