Open Them Prizes!

This is always a special morning for all three of us, but especially for Ledger! Diana and I usually get each other a little something special, but mostly its the Ledger show. I worked hard this year to find him a bunch of gifts, but there was one in particular that we knew he would love the most, no matter how any other things we got for him. We went a bit overboard with getting him a big gift, but I still wanted to have a full stash of gifts under the tree. I'm sure it's because I grew up with two siblings, but if the tree isn't brimming with gifts it feels empty. I know Ledger doesn't mind that I fill up the space under the tree...
We did our usual approach: as each gift is unwrapped we allow time for it to be played with and enjoyed before we move on to the next. All three of us took turns until there was just one lil' old gift left under that tree. Now, the reality is that if we had stopped there Ledger would have been perfectly happy with his Christmas haul. But I wouldn't be. I do take joy in spoiling my boy and giving him gifts that he didn't even know he wanted, and this year the last gift was beyond his dreams!
All right, enough teasing it out, here's what we got him: a brand new 12' iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil! When he opened it he was actually confused- 'Really? This is for me?!?' he exclaimed. Yes buddy, it even had his name etched into it! He opened it up with eyes as wide as saucers as I explained to him that he is now going to be able to make and edit videos, play games, and watch videos on it, but most importantly: he can draw and animate with it! He became even more and more excited as he thought of the thrilling possibilities this opened up! The reason Diana and I were willing to buy him such an extravagant gift is because we saw it as an investment. Ledger is so talented at drawing that we felt he needed it to keep challenging himself and stay ahead of the game. He hopes to because an animator someday, so we want to encourage him to grow in his skill and to give him an the opportunity to get as good possible. He may have fun with the other gifts, but this one is going to pay off for the rest of his life!
(more pics: 1, 2)

No comments: