First Day of Work

We always take a picture of Ledger's first day of school, so it's only fitting that we would also take a picture of my first day of work! There were a lot of changes that we had to prepare for with my getting a new job. I had already gotten a haircut, so that change was already dealt with. I think the hardest change for me was the fact that I can't wear a t shirt and shorts to work anymore! Just like my father before me, I am now a supervisor! And just like my father before me, I have to dress nice because I am a supervisor... We had to do a lot of clothes shopping because my entire wardrobe consisted of only t shirts and shorts! I had to get dress pants and button down shirts and everything. I guess this was how I dressed when I was teaching, but it had been long enough that I kind of forgot what a pain it is to dress up for work! The other big change with this new job was getting used to a normal work week again. I had been spoiled by only working three days a week for the past 5+ years and now I have to work five days a week- in a row! This is going to take some getting used to...

No comments: