super classroom

with school starting that means that it's time for me to go back to my real job- teaching! hurrah! but before the school year can begin i have to get my room in shape. each year i usually wait until the last minute, going in to get the room ready the week before school starts. well, this year i took it to the extreme- i waited until the day before school started. yikes! i didn't have much choice though, with working last week until wednesday and then having to go babysit the kids over the weekend, i havent had any time at all to get to my classroom. monday i started working and tuesday i finished up. each year i make some wall decor to make the place look good. i dont really much care for premade stuff, too cheesy, so i always make my own decorations. this year my theme was once again superheroes! i had done this one before so i was able to use some of what i had made last time. not thinking ahead, i only laminated two of the characters i made last time. i learned from my mistake this year and i laminated them all! the kids have really been enjoying the heroes so far this school year, so i guess it worked.
(more pics: 1, 2)

1 comment:

Captainbananapants said...

I'm "SUPER" impressed with your hand made room decorations! I like to imagine at the end of your class you say, "Okay we've talked about the history of the Bible most of class - now its time to talk about the only SLIGHTLY less important DC universe (don't tell your parents)." Starting with Martian Manhunter because he is the coolest.