the basement project

The unfinished basement has been serving as a storage area for us since we moved in.  We would go down there if we needed something, but otherwise it went unused.  I've been saying for months that I would organize it all and make a nice cozy place to hang out down there once I got a new tv.  My plan was to take the old tv and bring it downstairs and build an extra living room down there.  Once the tv is set up, then I would be able to take my time and organize all the stuff down there.  Well, now I've got my new tv- that means the next order of business is to get crackin' on that basement!
I talked with my brother-in-law about getting some spare carpet scraps (he's a carpet layer) from him and temporarily carpet as much of the place as I could for now until we get around to finishing the basement.  He came through with a bunch of really great scrap pieces- enough to cover almost half the basement!  I laid it down and set up the tv and blu-ray player so I would have something to watch while I got to work organizing!  The place is already starting to take shape!  Now we've got a nice corner with the old couch and a table as well as a carpeted play area for Ledger.  Pretty soon Diana won't ever see me again because I'll always be hiding out in my cold basement cave- especially in the summer!
(more pics)

No comments: