background to the fore

i have had the same phone background and lock screen since i first got a smart phone that could have those things.  most people have fun designs or family photos.  me?  mine is a picture of a stargate.  figures, huh?  well, recently my wife got a hold of my phone and thought it would be fun to change the background when i wasn't paying attention.  she found one of the pictures in my photo album and cropped it to fit.  then she put my phone back and played it cool like nothing ever happened...
next time i pick up my phone and unlock it i was welcomed by this photo- wow!  when i saw it it took me a moment to get my bearings!  looking at the picture in a different context helped to remind me just how arrestingly beautiful my wife is.  it took my breath away for a minute!  and this is who i get to spend the rest of my wife with!
a running joke with us is that whenever she go anywhere and she accidentally forgets to put her wedding ring on i tell her that i'm worried she will get hit on by all the guys wherever we go.  after looking at her with new eyes after this picture- maybe its not so much of a joke... i better keep her close!  hands off, guys- she's mine!  all mine...

No comments: