a fine 'how do you do'!

my hope was that our little bundle of joy would wait to arrive until my school started spring break.  on thursday,with my spring break starting, i jokingly talked to my wife's tummy and told our little man that he was welcome to come any time now.  i didnt think he would take me seriously...
friday morning i was awoken at 4:30 am by a wife running as quickly as possible for the bathroom.  'wake up! wake up!' she cried as she zipped by.  a bit bleary eyed, i got up to see what the big deal was.  turns out her water just broke! yikes!  as i quickly came to my senses, i realized 'this whole having a baby thing just got real'...
i ran into the nursery and grabbed the two bags my wife had meticulously packed for just such a case.  diana called the hospital and told them what was up, they said to head on in, but we could take our time.  so i calmed down, but diana didnt.  the realization of what was going on had her heart racing- today was going to be the day that our baby was coming!

No comments: