destructors

The old chicken coop in our backyard is a bit of an eyesore.  Ever since we first moved in we have wanted to take it down.  I'm sure it was nice once upon a time, but at this point its so full of chicken poop and rotting wood that there's no way it could be used for anything good anymore.  Well, now that I've got almost all the leaves cleared, I needed a new project.  Whenever I'm outside working Ledger always seems to find his way outside as well to check on me and see if he's missing out on any fun.  This time he certainly was!  So, as expected, he came tromping out and wanting to see what I was up to.  Tearing down a shed, little guy!  Needless to say, He wanted to give it a try too.  I gave him the crowbar and sent him up the ladder.  He was pretty nervous being up there, but thrilled at the same time...  I had already tore down one side and part of the roof, so he got to help take off the rest of the roof and all the plywood.  He loved being up high and also getting to hit stuff with a hammer.  After we cleaned up and brought in all our tools he ran in to tell Mama that he got to be a destructor with Daddy!  Ever since then he has been asking when we get to go out again and do some more 'destructoring!'
(more pics: 1, 2)

No comments: