one mans trash...

you know that cheesy old saying 'one mans trash is another mans treasure'? well, recently i found that to be very true...
a couple weeks ago my family came down to help me redo my living room. we put in new carpet and repainted the walls. my couch was till the same old nasty couch though. i originally bought it at the salvation army when i first moved here (so that should be some indication of its nastiness) since then, two years have passed, and the couch got even worse. it was one of those crappy hide-a-beds. by now thought the bottom had busted and the seat i would usually sit in had caved in about three inches. and it had a most indistinguishable oder. i dont know what it was, but it was bad. my brother and dad were so disgusted by the fact we had to wheel it out to put the carpet down, and then wheel it back in after. as luck would have it, that afternoon my mom and sister were out shopping and they happened to find a couch at a good price that would match my stuff. so we got it and put the old one out on the curb. afterward, we went out to eat.
when we got home, about an hour later, the couch was gone!!! dang, that was quick! we all had a good laugh at the fact someone actually wanted that pile of junk! we went inside and hung out for a while. when my family was leaving we happened to notice, just three doors down, an old couch on their curb! at first we thought they snagged my couch, got it into the light and realized how bad it was- but no, it was actually their old couch! my junky couch was actually an improvement for them. yikes. i wouldnt really call that couch 'treasure', but it was certainly my trash.

No comments: