father's day = movie day!

this year my wife gave me the greatest father's day gift i could ever ask for: a day to go see movies!  now, dont get me wrong, she often tells me to go ahead and see a movie.  thats not what i'm talking about though.  i'm saying she gave me an entire day to go see movies!  this is the sort of thing that i've dreamed about before, an entire day in the movie theater dedicated to seeing as many movies as i could handle (and let me tell you, i can handle a lot!).  so i planned a day a week or two later to go up to the theater in niles, michigan where the tickets are really cheap (if i had gone to a normal theater, a day like this would have broken the bank!).  i got there nice and early: 9:00am.  i then proceeded with my movie marathon, watching an unprecedented 6 movies in a row!  and it was glorious!  there was about a half hour break in between each one, so i could at least go to the bathroom, get a refill on the soda or popcorn, and then dive back in to the screenings.  to make the day even better, diana even came in the afternoon and joined me for one of the movies!  i finally got out of the theater, finishing my sixth film, at a couple minutes to midnight.  now thats a great day, let me tell you.  i had so much fun, i'm pretty sure i could do that once a week and be the happiest film nerd alive!  maybe i should look in to seeing if this could be an annual thing...

No comments: