Brian Regan Live!

Back in college, my friends and I discovered the comedian Brian Regan. His album was hilarious and we listened to it regularly! At one point I was home and going on a short road trip with my dad and convinced him to listen to it on our trip. He had the same response as I did- he was howling with laughter! Ever since then he and I have referenced those jokes and enjoyed a couple other comedy specials of his on TV.
Fast forward 20 years and Papa calls me out of the blue saying 'Brian Regan is going to be performing live, do you want to go?' Of course I do! So when the date arrived we met up and drove down to the theater in Indiana. It was pretty great to take a little road trip, just the two of us. It's been a long time since we got a chance to chat and connect. We stopped for dinner and fueled up for the evening of fun. We got to the theater a little early and found a good parking spot. We went in and grabbed some snacks and drinks before heading to our seats. The show itself was as hilarious as we had hoped! Brian Regan is so funny! His jokes are good, but its all about his delivery. That voice and facial reactions are what make him howlingly funny!
After the show was over we had a great ride back, chatting and recounting the great punchlines from the show. My favorite part of the ride back was when Papa and I took turns sharing some music favorites with each other on the truck stereo. He dropped me off and I thanked him again for such a fun and funny night together!

No comments: