Snowed In

It was like something out of a movie. Christmas is only days away and there is a blizzard expected. Unfortunately, I still have to work Friday and Saturday. I drove in on Friday trying my best to stay on the road. It was pretty bad, but I still felt pretty safe driving. Over the course of the next several hours, that would change. A lot. I think we ended up getting over two feet of snow in about 15 hours- and it was windy and bitter cold! When I got out of work around 6pm there was literally no way I was going to be able to make it home, so I ended up having to get a room at the hotel just down the street. And it was hard enough even getting over there! I stopped at the store on the way and picked up a few things to survive. I got to the hotel, unpacked, and tried my best to warm up. With nothing to do, I called Diana and let her know the situation. There was no way I was going to try to make it home in this weather and then trek back out all the way to work in the morning. So I guess I'm stuck here for the night. I got cozy and turned on the tv. There was nothing on, of course, but I channel surfed while I ate my premade sub and Doritos. Sure didn't expect this when I woke up this morning!
I got up early to drive back the two blocks to work, but just as I had everything packed and went to the lobby, I was told that we were actually snowed into the parking lot. There were three or four vehicles that were stuck in the snow of the drive out of the parking lot! So even if I wanted to, I couldn't get out! Well, I guess I'm going to be late for work today... Eventually the plows came and got the vehicles out and we could leave. I spent the day working and when it was time to go home I found out that the main road to get home was closed. Good grief, this is like some sort of movie: the dad is trying hard to get home on Christmas Eve (which it was) and has to fight the weather to finally make it. That was totally me right now! I eventually found a road that was open, even though it was a good half hour out of the way, and finally made it home to my expectant family safe and sound, but boy was it a snow filled odyssey. Thankfully I've got a couple days off now, so I don't have to try and fight that blizzard again! 

No comments: