Lawncare Boy

Even though its the end of September, coming home from a week away means that the lawn is getting pretty long. When I went out to take care of it, I asked the boy if he would like to give it a try. The last time he helped with the lawn was back when we had a push mower. He's been eyeing that sit-down mower for the last season or two and has been waiting for his turn. He's getting bigger and I figured he could probably handle it.
I pulled it out of the garage and showed him all the controls he would need, and he hopped on ready to give it a shot. We started off really really slowly because he was a little unsure of himself at first. After a few feet I put down the blades and let him take it. He kept the speed slow, and with tense arms, he made his way back and forth. He would have been smiling if he wasn't concentrating so hard! He said he liked it but did not want to go any faster! He was scooted up pretty far in the seat, so I took the opportunity to put Wiggins up there with him- and what a cute picture it made!
After a lap or two he said he was done but wants to try again next time. Little by little we'll get him comfortable on that thing- then he's responsible for mowing the lawn every week! Finally I will be rid of that task, something I've been waiting for ever since my dad passed it down to me!

No comments: