k-ville gathering

for the past four years a few of us from kelloggsville middle school have been getting together for a sort of unofficial class reunion.  adam and some of the girls spearhead the effort, planning the date and location, making sure to invite as many people from our class as they can track down.  this year, a few days before the event, I got a text from adam saying that he had tracked down a special guest.  I was excited to hear that!  I asked him 'is it mrs. jager?  if not, could we invite mrs. jager?!?'  well, I must have some sort of sixth sense or something because it was mrs. jager!  she was our English teacher in middle school and she was a favorite among students- we all loved her soo much!  she had such a positive impact on my friends and I that we still reference her regularly as one of the best parts of our childhood!  and now, here she is, visiting us as we gather together, her 8th grade students 25 years later!  we were all so delighted that she came and showered her with questions and memories about those wonderful years!  she is still sharp as a tack, though now in her 70's.  she remembered each one of us and was asking questions about our parents and siblings that she also remembered.  wow!  its always good to catch up with my former classmates, but the chance to spend an evening with mrs. jager?  now that's priceless!

No comments: