Snow Day

Now that I'm working night shift, I have the responsibility of getting the boy up and ready for school. I get home about the time he needs to get up. It works really well and lets Diana sleep in a little bit until she needs to get up for work. This winter though, we have had a few snow days so that means I don't have to wake him up at all and I can climb into bed early!
This particular morning I got the alert that school was cancelled which puts Ledger in a good mood because he doesn't have to go, and it puts Diana in a good mood because she doesn't have to go to work! This will probably be the last snow day of the year, so I figured we aught to take advantage of it. I quietly slipped into our bedroom and gently woke up Diana. Informed her that she had the day off and asked her if she would, instead, like to go out for breakfast. She was up now, excited for the free day, so she said yes. I woke up the boy and told him that we were going to go for breakfast and he was just as delighted! We all got ready and went to Village Inn restaurant. We got there and sat down, delighted by the unusual start to our day. We got our food and laughed and talked when suddenly Ledger piped up and said 'Oh no, I forgot my backpack!' Diana and I were stunned and then started laughing- Ledge didn't realize that school was cancelled and thought he had to go to class after breakfast! When we finally broke the news he was shocked and so happy!
Afterward we headed back home and had ourselves a delightfully lazy day together. Who doesn't love a good snow day, right?

No comments: