Cabin Trip 2023

Pure joy fills my heart as we finally get to the event I have been waiting months for: It's cabin time, baby! Every year I get to gather together with my favorite friends and head up to that most beloved of towns: beautiful and lovely Balwin! We met up Friday afternoon at Aaron's house, as has become the tradition. After taking a few minutes to catch up, we pile into one vehicle and begin our trek up north.
Man, it's been too long since I spent time with these guys! The unfortunate reality is that we all have such busy lives that, for some of us, this is the only time each year that we get to see each other.
We stopped at Ruby Tuesday's in Big Rapids, filled our bellies, and finally arrived to see a beautiful newly (partially) redecorated cabin! Apparently there have been some issues with little varmints getting in and making themselves at home, so my cousin (who owns the place) has put in the effort to strip it and rebuild much of the inside. We walked in and felt pretty fancy with all the upgrades! With it being so warm outside, building the fire wasn't as urgent as usual. We took our time and settled in. 
After our standard visit to Sporty's bar and grill, we came back and got up to no good, as is our way. We forgot to bring up some of our favorite games, so we made due with what we had. It was an uproarious night, as always, but eventually we all tucked in for the night.
Like I said, this is one of my favorite events of the year, a time to play and chat with some of the guys I've known the longest of anyone on Earth. And Jon. We always have a rowdy time as well as heartfelt conversations. It's the best of both, really. We've been doing this for over twenty years now, and I hope we never stop!
(more pics: 1, 2)

No comments: