Stress Free Birthday

Well, I made it another year. Unbeknownst to me, Diana had made some special plans for us too! I usually try to do something special for Diana every year and this year I planned a good surprise evening together, and it seems that she wanted to do the same for me! I was totally oblivious to it, so it was quite unexpected when I got home from work and she told me to get dressed, because we were going out!
We first dropped off the boy at Mema and Papa's, then we went to a really cool Japanese place for sushi! (It was a different sushi place than the one I took her for her birthday, but we both clearly love sushi!)  After we filled up on the good stuff, Diana directed me as we drove, careful not to tell me the actual location we were going to. We ended up in Eastown, which was actually the same area we went for her birthday! We pulled into a parking lot and I still had no idea what was going on. Finally she told me: she had booked us hour long sessions in sensory deprivation tanks! What? I know it sounds kind of weird, but we had had conversations about them months ago because she wanted to try it. I agreed and said that I thought that would be really neat to try someday. She remembered all these months later, and I was thrilled to try it out! We went in and they showed us to our own separate chambers. It was actually really cool, you float in the room temperature salt water and after a minute or two you cant really feel anything anymore! There is no light or sound, so its really like your senses are turned off. It was more relaxing than I could have imagined. The hour went so quickly and we were both completely stress free when we left. I've got to admit, I would totally do it again in a minute!
What a wonderful and special birthday Diana surprised me with, one I will remember for a long time!

No comments: