July 4th

Another trip out to ol' Sandy Pines! With it being the 4th of July weekend, we figured we'd head out there and enjoy the park at the height of summer fun! We went out and enjoyed a small meal with my parents, hung out and chatted for a bit, and then went out to find a place to watch the fireworks. Mema and Papa weren't really feeling it this year, so it was just Diana, Ledger, and I.
Last time I was at Dollar Tree I happened to see a bunch of fun 4th of July stuff there, so I stocked up. They were still in the car so I grabbed them before we headed out to see the fireworks. I got us a bunch of glowy stuff to make bracelets and necklaces! We cracked them to make them glow and then put them on. Ledger then hightailed it over to the playground equipment on the beach, where there were dozens of other kids playing. As it got darker and closer to firework time, it was really easy to see which one was our boy- he was the only one glowing! Once dark hit, we were all lined up in our chairs on the beach and sat back and enjoyed. Diana and the boy loved it, as always. We eventually made our way back to the trailer, said goodnight to my parents, and headed home, another national birthday properly observed.

No comments: