My First Day

Movin' on up! I quit my last job recently. I had been unhappy there for quite a while and was looking for something else. The last time I had to go in after a full day to cover a 12 hour night shift because someone called in, I started actively looking for a new place to work. You know, one that actually has enough staff willing to stay because they like it... Anyway, I was looking online for a few months and finally found a place that was interested- and it just so happens to be here in Allegan! When I got the job offer, I was thrilled! I waited a little bit before I told my old job, since I wouldn't be starting for three weeks after I accepted the offer due to their training schedule. I put in to use all my vacation time, and after it was accepted, then I submitted my two week notice. It worked out perfectly because I was able to have a week off in-between the two jobs without missing a week of pay.
Getting ready the morning of my first day was a bit exciting. It's always a big nerve wracking getting ready to jump into a new job and a new environment, but I had heard so many good things about the place from people who work or worked there that I wasn't too worried. Of course, I had to get a picture before my first day- the third in the family in the last two weeks! Ledger started a new school year, Diana returned to work after the summer off, and now I am starting a new position as well. Both of them are doing great and loving the change, so I am hopeful that I will find the same positive result of the change!

No comments: