Appointments and Donuts

Diana recently had to have a doctor's appointment in Kalamazoo and didn't really want to go alone. Since I have to use my vacation time by the end of the year or I lose it, I took a half day off so we could go together. We coordinated with my parents to come and pick up the boy from school and hang out with them for the afternoon. That meant that Diana and I could have ourselves a much needed 'date' together! Sure, a doctor's appointment is a weird date, but the fact that we got a whole afternoon together without having to worry about the boy? That sounds like a date to me!
The appointment went well and was done so quick that we realized we could be home in time to actually call my mom and cancel. Or... we decided to take our time and enjoy our freedom! We took the scenic route back, making a stop or two so we could really enjoy our time together. We got a much needed chance to chat, joke, and hold hands (sure, we've been together for 15 years, but it still gives me a thrill to hold her hand!). We stopped at Sweetwater Donuts and got ourselves a little donut hole treat. Knowing we would be picking Ledge up from my parents, we got each of them a donut treat too, as a thank you. We picked up our boy and got talked into staying for dinner. All in all, a very lovely day with my favorite people (especially that cute one behind me in the booth!).

No comments: