Getting New Ears

Papa's hearing has been going downhill a bit lately. When we get together he has been asking us to repeat ourselves more and more. Mom has been suggesting that he get his hearing checked out for a while now. Well, he finally relented and decided that he needs hearing aids. Well, it just so happens that I know a guy who can help... My father-in-law, Diana's stepdad, actually owns and runs a bunch of hearing aid offices! What luck! I contacted David and set up an appointment for my dad.
We went down to his closest office for a fitting. I went along with Papa; it was fun to see David and Papa at the same time! I don't think they've seen each other in 13 years or so! We went in and Papa got his hearing test and try out a pair of hearing aids. He found ones that he liked, with all the extras of course.
It was really great to see David in his element- he's so good at making people feel comfortable with the process and understand what is going on with their hearing. A consummate professional! By the time we left Papa was feeling really good about his new hearing aids, and excited to try them out- I'm sure Mom will be pleased that he can hear her again too! 

No comments: