Basement Organizing

 Whenever I go downstairs to do anything, its always to watch a movie. That only makes up one part of our basement though, and the part where we store stuff usually gets neglected and is a mess. It's about time I address that! I headed downstairs this time with the express purpose of cleaning up the storage area. It's mostly a bunch of boxes and other random stuff without a home, so the biggest challenge of organizing it all is just figuring out what boxes to put stuff in! We have a room off to the side for just such a thing, but its currently filled to the brim with my brother's stuff. We've been storing it for the past couple years while he and his family are moving around because of military stuff. He'll be out soon and then come and get it all, but until then I'll make the most of the areas left. As you can see in the picture, the place is a right good mess. Though I'm cleaning up, I still figured out a way to watch a movie while I do it! We have a tiny 13 inch tv with a build in DVD player that I set on the work bench and popped in a movie to help pass the time! Before I knew it, the place was looking much better! Check out the 'after' picture here.

No comments: