Winter Theater

Sure it's the middle of the worst blizzard of the season, but that doesn't mean I don't want to go out and see a movie! There's a movie I've been wanting to see for a few weeks now. I waited too long to see it at the M89 theater but was lucky that it came to the Regent Theater here in town. Monday and Tuesday nights we were too busy, so I told Diana that I was going to see it on Wednesday. As fate would have it, Wednesday morning brought in the biggest blizzard of the season! It was slow going getting home from work as all the roads were getting terrible. Clearly everyone was packing it in for a cold and blustery one. Well, not me! Even the six inches of snow and near whiteout conditions weren't enough to keep me going out to the theater! I pulled in and stomped through the snow and made it into the theater. I bought a ticket and went to the concession stand. Realizing I didn't see any other customers, I asked if I was the only one who showed up for the film. Turns out I was the only one who showed up for the movie! I wasn't going to do that to the employees- make them stick around for 2+ hours just for me! they probably want to get home and crawl under the blankets too. I asked if they could give me an IOU for the ticket and I'd come back and try again tomorrow. I warned them though: even if I'm the only one there tomorrow I'm going to stick around and watch the movie anyway! They were thankful and started shutting the place down. I did go back on Thursday and thankfully there were seven or eight other people who came to see it. I was glad that I got to see the movie in the theater and not be a jerk! 

No comments: