Whitecaps Game

Each year my work has a special employee appreciation event. Last year we got passes to go to the zoo (which I wrote about here), and this year we had a special reserved area at the local minor league baseball game! Though I've lived in the area most of my life, I've never actually attended a West Michigan Whitecaps game. Well, I guess this is my opportunity to fix that! It was a Sunday afternoon game with lunch being provided, so we made sure we would arrive hungry.
Having been our first visit to the stadium, we tepidly made our way inside, asking the ticket taker where our seats were. 'All the way round the whole stadium'. Of course. The walk around was fun though, seeing all the different fans and crowds as we made our way. Finally we got to the special reserved deck behind outfield. I saw a bunch of coworkers, so I knew we were in the right spot! We found ourselves a picnic table and I went to say hi to my boss, introducing the family. He was delighted to see that we came and directed us over to the grill and food that was reserved for us. We all piled up our plates full of 'ballgame food', and settled in to watch the game. The whole thing was pretty neat, seeing the crowds, the players, and the whole Sunday afternoon sporting spirit! After about a half hour we decided 'that'll do', and got out of there. Sure it was nice, but none of us were even remotely interested in staying any longer!

No comments: