ledger's nibble bob

so there's this character i made up back in high school: nibble bob.  i've been drawing him ever since i first created him in 9th grade science class.  he's a little creature i made up and has been very special to me- a sort of spirit animal that has been a part of my life for over 20 years now.  whenever i have a blank piece of paper in front of me, my first impulse is to draw him.  well, recently my son asked me to draw it for him so he could try and draw it.  i did, and this is what he came up with.  the pure joy i felt seeing his first attempt at nibble bob is almost something i can't put into words.  looking at this picture right now is even getting me a little choked up.  i can't explain why or how, but this was one of the most profound moments i've had as a father; passing a part of myself to my son. 

No comments: